Like a recipe? Find it here!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad

Some things just need to be copied. This Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad just happens to be one of those things. The cafe at my work offers this for one week every month and once you taste it you will realize why I had to take it upon myself to master this dish so I could eat it whenever I wanted. It's so simple to whip up as a lunch salad or a side dish for dinner, or in my case... an entire meal all in one sitting. Don't judge me.

I figured this would be the perfect dish to blog about today since Lauren, the supervisor of the cafe at work and 1/3 of our work happy hour wolfpack (who, I sadly report, has yet to make it to a happy hour after work) is counting down the hours until 4:00pm when she no longer has to wear black on black and serve people pastries all day long... at least not here.


Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad
(Inspired by Brioche Doree Cafe)


*Note: Since I had a staring contest with this dish to figure out all the ingredients in the recipe, I am letting you know how much of each ingredient I used. Since there are not true measurements, simply add as little or as much of each item that you would like!


Ingredients
1 Box Israeli Cous Cous 
3-4 Baby Carrots (Finely Diced)
1 1/2 Jalapenos (Finely Diced)
3-4 Green Onion (Sliced)
3/4 Cup Dried Apricot (Quartered)
1/2 Cup Fat Free Feta Cheese
12-15 Kalamata Olives
Olive Oil
Pepper to Taste


Directions
1. Cook Israeli Cous Cous according to box.
2. Prepare carrots, jalapenos, green onions, and apricots.
3. Once cous cous is done transfer to bowl and stick in fridge to cool completely.
4. Once cool, add all ingredients from step #2, feta cheese, and olives.
5. Drizzle whole salad with olive oil.(I go very light on this step so the salad is not too oily).
6. Add pepper to taste and toss whole salad together. Serve cold over mixed greens or by itself.




Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment