Like a recipe? Find it here!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chicken with Sweet Corn Salsa

 I have a secret to tell you. I am excited for fall. I am totally ready to embrace football, pumpkins, the changing leaves, fall scented candles, and eating endless amounts of candy corn. Yeah, I'm ready for it all. 
Although Pittsburgh has the most beautiful fall I have ever seen, it means winter is just around the corner. Even though I consider myself prepared for this winter (yes, I bought a real jacket this year), I still consider him my enemy. So, in honor of summer hitting the road, here's a dish that will help relive the hot months that will soon be missed.

Summer. Please. Don't. Go....Yet.


Chicken with Sweet Corn Salsa

Ingredients
2-3 Chicken Breasts
Taco Seasoning

Salsa
2 Ears of Cooked Sweet Corn
1/2 Can Diced Green Chilies
Grape Tomatoes (about 12)
1/2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice from 1 Lemon
Salt/Pepper to taste
Splash of Green Chili Juice

Directions
1. Whisk bottom 5 salsa ingredients together in a bowl. 
2. Cut corn off ears and grape tomatoes in half. Add corn, tomatoes, and chilies to dressing and let sit.
3. Rub taco seasoning on chicken and cook in skillet until done.

I served the chicken over brown rice and then spooned the salsa over everything. Yumm.


Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment