Like a recipe? Find it here!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chili

O my gosh… it’s not a chicken dish! Don’t get used to it, we eat a lot of chicken. And when I say a lot, I am actually surprised Matt hasn’t started sprouting out feathers. But anyways, back to the meal…


Now that football has started who doesn’t love a Sunday Funday? Ok… so it has been a long time since I spent my Sundays drinking at a pizza place, but I do love to sit and relax with Matt, get some stuff done that has been put off all week, and of course…watch football.

Since we had several errands to run today, I needed something that the longer it simmers, the better it tastes.

Fall.Football.Time to simmer? Helloooo Chili.




This is my go to chili recipe. What is so great about it is the fact that you can change it up and it still taste delicious. The perfect soup for a relaxing Sunday.

Chili

Ingredients
1 lb Ground Hamburger
1 Small Onion, Chopped
2 Cans Light Red Kidney Beans, Drained
3 Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Red Wine
Shredded Cheese

Directions
1. Brown hamburger and onions-drain.
2. Add spices, sugar, beans, and tomatoes. Stir.
3. Add red wine. I usually go around the pot 2-3 times. Maybe I even bring it to my mouth once, you'll never know.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for a good half hour or longer. Stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with shredded cheese on top. (Matt also likes sour cream)

You are also going to want to make tomorrow’s muffins with this meal. Yummm.


Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment