Like a recipe? Find it here!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DIY Glitter Flats

I wanted to take a break from cooking tonight and give you guys a quick and easy DIY gift idea. These will make the perfect Christmas gift to give! (or Christmas gift to yourself perhaps??)



Believe it of not, these are not a product of Pinterest!

I know.... crazy!

They totally could be though right? I found these last February on the We are not Martha blog and instantly had to make a pair of my own.


These flats are perfect with a pair of jeans or tights. Every time I wear them to work I get comments! No one can believe they are homemade...I'm thinking about going to Michael's to get glitter in every color. Who wants a pair under their tree??

DIY Glitter Flats

What you will need:
Plain Flats (any color will work, I got mine from Target)
Mod Podge
Glitter (Lots and lots of glitter) :)
Clear Glaze Spray
Foam Paint Brush

Mix about 2oz Mod Podge with glitter. Paint one layer on shoe (this will look really weird for your first coat!) Let the Mod Podge dry (this takes anywhere from 15-25 minutes depending on how thick you paint it on, it will dry clear). I did this four times before I got the glitter effect I wanted. Again, make sure you let your shoes dry in between each coat! Spray your shoes with the clear glaze spray and let dry over night. Then your very own glitter shoes are ready to wear!!


Since we are talking about making these for Christmas, I'm going to recommend you listen to Michael Buble's new Christmas CD (this NEEDS to be a part of your Christmas CD collection right now) and drink tomorrows Mulled Wine!

Happy Crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment