Like a recipe? Find it here!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Festival at Trax Farm

Over the weekend Matt, Mary, and I had a fall extravaganza! Nevermind that the weather wasn’t “fall like” (it was 78 degrees, sunny, and beautiful, which I will take this late in Pittsburgh any day) we all hopped in the car and headed to Trax Farms for their annual fall festival!


This is something Matt and I did last year also and both years it has blown me away. 
This. Place. Is. Awesome. 

I have been looking forward to going back for weeks… I mean, it’s not like I let Matt know this everyday (or maybe I did, no big deal). I know he was quietly just as excited as I was, he just didn’t show it by jumping up and down and running around the house like a 5 year old.

What is the Trax Farms fall festival you say? Well let me share this wonderful experience with you, friends…



Fun Things to do at Trax Farms Fall Festival
By Stacy



1. Hayride to a 4-acre corn maze, pumpkin patch (where you can pick your own pumpkin), petting zoo type animals, corn hole, ladder golf, and other yard games/toys.
2. Huge mounds of pumpkins you can climb all over.
3. TONS of kid activities.
4. Trax Farms apple cider and all the fresh apple products (Matt and I might turn into an apple after this weekend) .
5. Decorations galore for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas.
6. All the free samples: apple cider, pumpkin butter, apple butter, sweet potato butter, and wine (which were all phenomenal!).


I think you get the point. It’s a great time, and next year you should all come with us!


One of the top things on our list to buy is the homemade apple caramel dip. This year, however, they offered free apple inspired recipes and this was one of them! I will take one of those please.

Trax Farms Caramel Apple Delight

Ingredients
8oz. Cream Cheese, Softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Caramel Extract

Blend first four ingredients together. Use apples for dipping. I dare you to try and not eat all of this in one sitting.





And guess what! I have another apple recipe for your pallet, this one is a drink. My favorite drink from Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Spice. (How do I survive without drinking coffee… I know, I know, people ask me all the time). Anyways… after I bought my apple cider from Trax Farms I thought, just maybe, I could recreate it. And boy was it good!

Caramel Apple Cider
(Recreation of Starbuck’s Caramel Apple Spice)


Ingredients
Apple Cider
Caramel Sauce (I use fat free, the kind in the ice cream isle)
Cool Whip, optional

Put a small amount of caramel on the bottom of the mug, fill the rest of the mug with cider. Heat in microwave. Top with Cool Whip and Caramel Sauce.



Happy Fall! Enjoy! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment