Like a recipe? Find it here!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Black Bean Chili


Chili. It's what for dinner. 
And if you live with me I really hope you like it, because I cook some variation of chili at least 2-3 times a month.


This particular recipe is a new one my Mom raves about. I hear about this chili from her at least once a week. No joke. So I thought if its that good, I might as well give it a whirl. She makes it in the crockpot, which I had all intentions of doing... until I had to go to two grocery stores to get my weekly groceries and camp out at the gym absurdly  early to secure my spot in spin class. Resolutioners... you are doing a great job sticking with it, now please go to another gym.

Anyways. I made this black bean chili on the stove top to speed up the process. This made Matt happy since it was ready to be served during halftime of the Steeler/Bronco game.

Black Bean Chili
(From the Kitchen of Sally Bielat)



Ingredients

2 lbs Ground Beef
1/2 of Large Onion, Chopped
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp or so of Cumin
1 (11 oz) Can  Mexican Corn 
2 (14 oz) Cans Black Beans -Rinsed
1 (14 oz) Can Sodium Free Beef Broth  (less if you want it thicker)
1 (15 oz) Can Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Chili
2 (14.5) Cans Diced Tomatoes  (I used Delmonte diced tomatoes for chili.)

Directions
Brown beef and onion. Drain.  Add chili powder, sugar and cumin.  
Add hamburger and all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil.

Simmer on stove top for about 45 minutes. If you plan to make this in a crockpot, all the ingredients in your crock pot after the beef and onion mixture has been browned.   Cook it on high for about 4 – 5 hours.

Ladle chili into bowls.  Top each serving with shredded cheese.


Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved it, made it last night for dinner and hubby and the minions wanted it again! Keep postting can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete