Like a recipe? Find it here!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quiche

Oh this quiche....stupid quiche. 

You see, while shopping I remembered that I had a deep crust pie shell in the freezer {I know, how semi-homemade of me} and it hit me like a ton of bricks that I was in the mood for my chili cheese quiche. It had to be made for dinner that night and I simply could not wait any longer. I always have green chilies in my cabinet so I grabbed the last couple things I needed and headed to check out. 


You know what comes next... change that "I always have green chilies" to "I always have green chilies except for the ONE TIME I need them!!" Ugh! Since I had to have quiche for dinner I raided the veggies I bought. A little onion, a green pepper, and bacon got added. Because lets be honest everything is better with bacon.... and hot sauce.

40 minutes later and guess what? This veggie quiche made on the fly was quite delicious! Not so stupid now!! Matt even said he would like it again! 

Quiche

Ingredients
1 Deep Dish Pie Shell 
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Jack Cheese
1 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese- Shredded
1 Green Pepper- Chopped
1/2 cup Chopped Onions
1 Clove Diced Garlic
4 Pieces Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Half and Half
3 Eggs
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper


Directions
Cook pie shell according to directions on package. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Cook bacon, then cook onions, garlic and peppers until translucent and soft. Sprinkle all of jack cheese and 1/2 of cheddar cheese over bottom of cooked pie shell. Distribute veggie mixture and crumbled bacon over cheese. Beat half and half with eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into the shell. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese lightly over pie filling. Bake for 40 minutes until the center of quiche is set. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment