Like a recipe? Find it here!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sausage Gravy

Bob Evans eat your heart out.


After proposing, I thought Matt deserved a breakfast built for champions. And that is exactly what he got! First things first....I found these on Pinterst and HIGHLY suggest you all make them immediately. Why these are not on every diner menu in America, I have no idea.

I am a firm believer that everything is better with bacon, but pancakes? Man... it's just too easy and it was SO. SO. GOOD.

Bacon. Pancakes. Syrup. I rest my case.

Ok...time to get back on track. Which in this case is a delicious- manly- meaty- sausage gravy that I think really wow'ed my new fiance. (still so weird to say!) This is something I grew up on living in Virginia, so I'm glad to bring it to our table in Pittsburgh. This recipe is so easy and makes the most comforting biscuits and gravy. You know what I heard? Biscuits and gravy are the best breakfast choice to lead you into a fantastic Thanksgiving meal.... how convenient. ;)

Sausage Gravy


Ingredients
1 Pound Original Sausage Roll
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Milk
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Biscuits


Directions
1. Cook Sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour until dissolved.
3. Slowly stir in the milk.
4. Cook gravy until it boils and thickens. Stirring often.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over hot biscuits.


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment